Welcome to Cawthorne Methodist Church
A Church for all people
Introduction to the Methodist Church
"The calling of the Methodist Church is to respond to the gospel of Gods love in Christ and to live out its discipleship through worship, learning and caring, service and evangelism"
Minister Rev. Dr. Philip Bee(Also Superintendent Minister for Denby Dale & Clayton West Circuit)
"Coming back into circuit ministry has been good for me, after several happy years at the Churches Regional Commission for Yorkshire and the Humber working closely with the region’s senior church leaders on matters related to politics, society and economics. Cawthorne is only one of five churches for which I have pastoral oversight, so it is not always easy to be part of village life in the way I would like, but I have been well received and feel I am a welcome part of your community. Thank you".
Sunday Morning Worship
NOVEMBERSUNDAY - 10am –12th Nov – Remembrance Sunday – United Service joint with All Saints SUNDAY – 10.45am – 19th Nov – Sue Cutting SUNDAY – 9.30am – 19th Nov – REFRESH Children’s Group- Messy Church SUNDAY – 10.30am – 26th Nov – Mr. Ian Morris
Gracious and Generous God,
We hold before you our church,
our Circuit and our District,
Pour out your Spirit on us,
that our worship may be joy-filled;
that our witness may be brave and bold;
that our lives, our works and our
words may speak of your love.
Enlarge,enflame and fill our
hearts with such love for you
that we draw others to
discover Your transforming power.
In the of name Jesus. Amen.
Revd. Dr. Roger Walton
Chair of Yorkshire West District
- We pray for Philip as he prepares for his Sabbatical January-March 2018
- We pray for those people who will be taking on extra responsibilities during the period of Philip's sabbatical.
- We continue to pray for the other circuit staff, Alan, Alice and Emma our Family and Children's Workers and Sue our Circuit Administrator.
- We pray for our churches as they seek to explore different ways of sharing the Christian message.
- We pray for all those who hold a Circuit Office at this time,especially our Circuit Leadership Team, focussing upon the circuit plan.
- We pray for our Supernumerary Ministers who reside in this circuit, exercising their ministries in so many different ways,
- We pray for our Local Preachers and Worship Leaders who faithfully seek to fulfil their calling.
- We pray for those churches who are exploring new forms of worship, ministry within our schools and engagement with our local communities.
- We pray for our ecumenical partners discovering how we might engage with them through mission initiatives and joint services, especially during the Octave of Prayer 18th-25th January.
PRAYER changes things