Welcome to Cawthorne Methodist Church
A Church for all people
Introduction to the Methodist Church
"The calling of the Methodist Church is to respond to the gospel of Gods love in Christ and to live out its discipleship through worship, learning and caring, service and evangelism"
Minister Rev. Dr. Philip Bee(Also Superintendent Minister for Denby Dale & Clayton West Circuit)
"Coming back into circuit ministry has been good for me, after several happy years at the Churches Regional Commission for Yorkshire and the Humber working closely with the region’s senior church leaders on matters related to politics, society and economics. Cawthorne is only one of five churches for which I have pastoral oversight, so it is not always easy to be part of village life in the way I would like, but I have been well received and feel I am a welcome part of your community. Thank you".
Sunday Morning Worship
SUNDAY - 10am –12th Nov – Remembrance Sunday – United Service joint with All Saints
SUNDAY – 10.45am – 19th Nov – Sue Cutting
SUNDAY – 9.30am – 19th Nov – REFRESH Children’s Group- Messy Church
SUNDAY – 10.30am – 26th Nov – Mr. Ian Morris
Denby Dale and Clayton West Circuit Prayer Letter - May 2017
From Revd Stephen Barnett
From Revd Stephen Barnett
At our June 2014 Circuit Meeting it was agreed that I could produce a periodic Circuit Prayer Letter. This is the 13th Letter being sent to all Circuit Meeting members who can be accessed by e-mail. I recognize this does exclude some people, so could you forward or print copies, for those who may wish to use this Prayer Letter. This letter could be used alongside the West Yorkshire District Prayer handbook and the Methodist Prayer handbook 2015/16 entitled 'Pilgrims on a Journey'.
The Methodist Church is called to be 'A Discipleship movement shaped for mission'.
Lord God, we pray for one another in love.
We thank you for the companions with whom we travel on this journey of faith.
May your Spirit challenge us, energise us and strengthen us as we walk,
And may Christ lead our circuit of churches into a future
where we meet joy, confidence and hope.
Be with us we pray
In Jesus' name .Amen
The Circuit is the primary unit in which local churches express their interconnexion in the Body of Christ for the purpose of mission, mutual encouragement and help'
Part of Standing Order 500 -Constitution, Practice and Discipline of the Methodist Church
- We pray for the Circuit Leadership as it continues to follow up the decisions agreed by the September 2015 Circuit Meeting relating to the appointment of new staff members.
- We pray that God will call more people to consider becoming Local Preachers and Worship Leaders. We continue to pray for those who already exercise this ministry within the circuit.
- We continue to pray for the new Penistone and District Churches Together Food bank Distribution Centre that started on December 8th at St. Andrews.
- We continue to pray for the Denby Dale Centre through the different services it offers people in South Kirklees,especially we pray for the new manager Paul.
- We pray for the two Circuit services planned the first on June 12th at Denby Dale the Circuit Mission Service led by Deacon Maggie Patchett and the next BIG SING at Emley on July 3rd
- We pray for the next Circuit Meeting on June 9th at Thurlstone and Millhouse and the Safeguarding Meeting at Denby Dale on July 13th
- We thank God for the various ways our churches are involved in new ways of engaging in mission and exploring new forms of worship ,discovering afresh that Christ is Alive today.
In Christian Love
Weddings, Funerals and also other events.
The Church Hall is also available for hire – please enquire01226 763976 (Office)
Thursday Coffee Morning
Every Thursday 10am to 11.30am
Please come for a social chat – ALL proceeds to Charity. £1 for coffee/tea and biscuits.
(We are approaching £13K now raised and given to Charity from these Coffee Mornings).
Some of the recipients include:
Thank you to everyone who supports this event.
Everyone is welcome
11th NOVEMBER 2017 – Time: 11am to 1.30pm
TURKEY and TINSEL!
...A touch of Christmas
Mouthwateringly good HOT Roast Turkey Sandwiches with trimmings, Apple Sauce, Stuffing, Cranberry sauce, with chipolata sausages wrapped in bacon and roast potatoes.
Followed by: Hot Mince Pies, unlimited Tea/Coffee and Mints.
CHRISTMAS STALL with Cards, Gifts, Crackers and much more!
DON’T MISS IT!!!
COMING UP IN DECEMBER
The Alternative Carol Service – Sunday 10th December – 10..30am
The Christingle Service – Sunday 17th December – 10am.
Evening Carol Service – Sunday 6pm – 17th December.